5 years ago
Friday, May 25, 2012
Going Down!
Two weeks after having the D&C to remove the molar pregnancy growing inside of me, my hCG levels have dropped from 146,000 to 327! It needs to drop to zero before I'm in the clear. Hopefully it will only be another week or two. My body is getting back to normal and I'm feeling more like myself. My doctor has been great through this whole thing. He has called me personally with test results and takes the time to answer all of my questions. He took the time to research my case because molar pregnancies are really rare and he doesn't see many of them (1in 2000 pregnancies in the USA) and call me to correct what he had told me at my appointment earlier in the day. I appreciate that I have a doctor who is not arrogant and admits when he needs to research something. At my follow up appointment he told me I just needed to wait for my hCG levels to drop to zero and then have one or two regular menstrual cycles before going off of birth control. When he called with my blood test results he said he had done more research and I need to wait 6 months from the time my hCG is to zero to go off of birth control. Which is fine, I'm not in a hurry to get pregnant again, though, I still think we need one more baby in our family. I feel really blessed to have a great doctor and that everything has gone so well considering the situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wonderful!! Who is your doctor? He sounds fabulous!
Dr. Harvey really is a great guy! I'm so glad that everything is going so well. And I hope you get to zero soon because I can just imagine what a pain in the rear that is to go in and get poked on a daily basis!
Christine, I got to Dr. Harvey and he is the best I have been to. My only complaint about his office is that his receptionist can be a little snarky sometimes.
Post a Comment